(picture above: taken the following day as leftovers. Served over white rice)
Made in the crockpot. It is very satisifying and an easy fix. Ryan says it tastes like chicken pot pie without the crust 🙂
You’re going to need a crockpot to make this.
- 2 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (10.75 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 16 ounces frozen diced carrots and peas
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth (or you can use water instead if you want to)
- 1 to 2 packages of refrigerated biscuit dough (it all depends on how many biscuits you want to have)
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Top it with the vegetables (carrots, peas, and onion). Then top it off with the cream of chicken soup.
- Pour in the chicken broth or water. You need to make sure the chicken is covered in liquid. You may need to add more broth/water than what is called for in this recipe.
- Put the lid on. Cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- 15 to 20 minutes before it’s ready, pop in the biscuits in the oven and bake according to instructions on the packaging.
- Serve chicken with biscuits. I tend to shred the chicken before serving. Yum yum!!