I *LOVE* broccoli! Everyone in my house loves it. So we do often make food with broccoli in them. I also grow broccoli in my garden. I love these broccoli cheddar bites (mini muffins) because they’re so easy to make! They make a great school lunch for your children. They are also great quick snacks and do great as party appetizers. You can freeze the extras and reheat them in the microwave when you’re hungry.
Archive for breakfast/brunch
This bread has the perfect balance of flavors! It’s one of my family’s favorites! The tangy lemon flavor is balanced with a sweet glaze that’s poured on the top. It’s easy to make!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Zest of one lemon and its juice
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar, eggs and butter.
- Add in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in milk and mix well.
- Add in poppy seeds and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Pour batter in a greased 9″ by 5″ loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes before popping it out.
- Mix together lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar to make a glaze. Remove the bread from the pan. Pour the glaze over the warm bread (make sure you poke holes in the bread first so it can absorb more of this delicious glaze).
I love making these for breakfast. They’re so different and so easy! They make awesome leftovers for desserts… You can play around with different variations to find your own preferred filling. We have a child that can’t really eat nuts here, so we omit the nuts in this recipe and double up on the raisins. Feel free to comment and share your variations on here if you’d like! Read the rest of this entry »
Put the ingredients together and turn the crockpot on the night before. You are sure to wake up to a very hearty breakfast fit for a king (or a queen). Read the rest of this entry »
For those who do not know me, I love pumpkin. I love any food that contains ‘pumpkin’ ; pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes – Count me in!
These pumpkin pancakes makes a nice spiced breakfast treat! Just give it a try – you might like it. Read the rest of this entry »
a very easy crepe recipe to do from scratch! it tastes like dessert – but they can be served at breakfast!
I love this banana-nut bread! Personally, I just like it hot out of the oven with a good cup of Earl Grey Tea. Without further ado, here’s the recipe! This will yield 2 banana-nut bread loaves but trust me – it will be worth it making the two! Read the rest of this entry »