We love eating stuffed cabbage in our house. Sometimes we just don’t have the time to make it. This is the “lazy” version or what we called the “unstuffed” cabbage. This is a quick and easy main dish that’s inexpensive to make.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large (or 2 small) onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground beef with diced onions in a large pot. Break the ground beef down into pieces.
- When the beef is browned, add in minced garlic. Mix well and let it cook for one minute.
- Add chopped cabbage, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, salt and pepper to the pot. Mix well. Cook on high heat.
- Bring to boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for between 20-30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.