You can’t ever go wrong with caramelized onions especially SHALLOTS!! They’re so good. This recipe takes very little prep time and is ready in approximately 20 minutes. It’s a great recipe for one of those busy week nights.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 large shallots, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 4 thick chicken breasts (make sure they’re all of the same thickness for even cooking)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large baking dish (I used the 13″ by 9″ glass baking dish), mix in the olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, diced shallots, salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken in the mixture. Flip them over. Make sure they’re coated in this sauce and the shallots.
- Roast for about 20 minutes. Halfway through the roasting time you should flip the chicken breasts over.
- When 20 minutes is up, I continue to cook the chicken breasts under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to give it a nice color.
- Serve with caramelized shallots on top of each chicken breast.