This is one of these quick pasta dishes. The light creamy sauce is easy to whip up in no time. Farfalle con piselli roughly translates to “butterflies with peas”
- 1 box of bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas (we love our peas in my house so I tend to grab these 10oz bagged frozen peas and use the whole thing)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a little bit of ground black pepper
- Cook bow tie pasta according to package’s instructions.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic. Cook and stir occasionally. Make sure it becomes tender but not browned. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add peas, light cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. When it boils, it’s ready. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm or leave it on low heat.
- When the pasta finishes cooking, drain it. Mix it with the pea sauce.
- Serve hot.