My husband loves Panda Express and this is his favorite out of all their dishes. Why waste money on takeout when you can make it at home? And it’s much more healthier as well.
- 1 lb skinless boneless thin chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil for this one)
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- OPTIONAL: sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Mix chicken pieces with cornstarch.
- Heat up the oil in a pan. Set it to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken pieces. Cook until fully cooked and slightly browned.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Add in mushrooms and zucchini slices. Cook until they brown a little and become soft.
- Add in minced garlic and ground ginger. Mix well.
- Cook for another two minutes. Then add the chicken pieces back in the pan. Mix well.
- Make sauce: mix soy sauce, rice vinegar and sugar. Whisk it. Pour it into the pan. Stir sauce to coat the chicken and vegetables. Let it stay on the stove for 3-4 minutes.
- I tend to serve it over white rice and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.