I’m sure most of you have been to Olive Garden or have at least heard of it. One of the most popular items on their menu is their soup called Zuppa Toscana (roughly translated to Tuscany Soup). Here’s the near-perfect copycat recipe for this wonderful soup!
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 or 4 medium/large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups kale, coarsely chopped (no stems)
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Remove the casings off the Italian sausages. Brown it in a pan. You don’t need to add oil to the pan while browning it. Break it apart into bits.
- Place the browned sausage bits to a large soup pot.
- In the same pan, add bacon and diced onions. Again, you don’t need to add oil to the pan. Sauté the onions and cook the bacon. Crumble bacon into bits. Add sautéed onions and bacon bits to the soup pot.
- Add cubed potatoes, chicken broth, minced garlic and water to the soup pot. Mix well. Let it boil and cook for 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Add in chopped kale and heavy cream. Mix well. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!