I *LOVE* broccoli! Everyone in my house loves it. So we do often make food with broccoli in them. I also grow broccoli in my garden. I love these broccoli cheddar bites (mini muffins) because they’re so easy to make! They make a great school lunch for your children. They are also great quick snacks and do great as party appetizers. You can freeze the extras and reheat them in the microwave when you’re hungry.
- one large bunch of broccoli florets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 slices of white bread (cut crust off and tear into small pieces)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut broccoli florets into pieces. Steam it for five minutes. You can either use the steamer basket on the stove or use a special steamer pot in the microwave. Make sure you rinse the steamed broccoli afterwards with cold water to stop it from cooking. Let it cool then chop into fine pieces.
- Mix the beaten eggs with torn bread pieces.
- Add the grated onion, shredded cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add in the minced broccoli. Mix well.
- Spray the mini muffin pan with olive oil. Spoon mixture into 24-mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned on top.