No need to spend a lot of money on fancy store-bought bread spreads or dips when you can make this at home yourself.
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 15-oz canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar (you could substitute this with red wine vinegar, sherry wine or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil in a pan over medium heat for approx 10 minutes. Be sure to not burn it.
- Transfer garlic and oil to a food processor. Add the beans, vinegar, and salt. Purée until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture in a bowl and serve with toasted pita, crackers, vegetables, toast or crostini.