I love having a bowl of this simple creamy potato leek soup especially during the cold winter months. It’s very easy to make!
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 leeks (white parts only) sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Put everything except the heavy cream in a large pot. Bring it to boil and keep cooking for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pot.
- Use an immersion blender and blend everything inside the pot.
- Add 1 cup heavy cream and let it simmer until the soup has thickened, approximately 20 minutes.