This chicken will quite possibly be the BEST you’ve ever eaten. First of all, I love cooking chicken with wine. For this specific recipe, we use Marsala wine. And who doesn’t like cheese? This recipe is worth the try and you will not regret it!
- 8oz sliced fresh mushroom package
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lb thin chicken breasts (approx. 4-6 thin chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup marsala
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I like the shredded kind for this recipe)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook mushrooms in 2 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Flour chicken breasts and cook them in batches if needed. Make sure there’s always some melted butter in the pan. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Place cooked chicken breasts in a lightly greased 13×9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle cooked mushrooms over the chicken breasts in the baking pan.
- Add wine and broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let it simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Pour this sauce over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Combine cheeses and green onions and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 12 to 14 minutes at 450 degrees or until the cheese melts.