This is something I can’t get enough of. The parmesan panko mixture forms a crunchy coating that is delicious with the mildly sweet squash. You could also substitute the lemon zest for minced garlic if you prefer it to be garlicky.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup panko
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Halve the squash, remove the seeds with a large spoon, peel the skin, and carefully cut the squash into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Arrange the slices in a foil covered baking sheet.
- Drizzle over the slices with the oil and sprinkle with roughly 1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss until the slices are evenly coated. Roast for 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, panko and 2 tsp Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Remove squash from the oven, sprinkle the panko-cheese mixture over the top. Broil for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent burning.