- 1/2 lb jalapeño peppers, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, each clove sliced lengthwise into 2 or 3 pieces
- You need a clean mason jar. You could use an empty jar that once held jam, pickles, whatever. But you gotta sterilize those glass jars before you use it.
- The most important thing is not to be stupid when you slice those hot peppers. Get yourself some disposable gloves and slice them. When you’re done slicing them, throw them in the jar then throw the gloves away. Rubbing your eyes with hands that touched raw sliced jalapeños afterwards is the worst thing ever. EVER!! lol
- So slice the jalapeño peppers into 1/4″ slices. Get rid of the end stems. And place them into the jar.
- Mix the cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, water and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Turn it off. Pour liquid mixture into the jar.
- Place sliced garlic bits inside the jar. Give it a whirl and close it with the lid. Let it cool down to room temperature before you put it in the refrigerator.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator for several weeks. Discard if any signs of mold appear.