This year, I’m growing yellow squash and green zucchinis in my organic vegetable garden. Needless to say there’s an abundance and I find myself trying to use squash up almost every day.
These muffins are divine especially if you’re a chocolate lover. You cannot even tell there’s squash in it. My kids gobble it up and they don’t even realize there’s a vegetable in it. 😁
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1 1/2 cup shredded yellow squash (summer squash, green zucchini could be used as a substitute)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze excess moisture from squash.
- Mix oil, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs and shredded squash.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture in 12-muffins pan. I personally use cupcake liners to make cleanup easier.
- Bake for 20 minutes.