I tried this recipe today and it was really easy to make! The smell of peppers, onions and garlic baking away made everyone else in the house super hungry. Once it was ready, we couldn’t wait to dive in and eat!
- 1 package of Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage (or Kielbasa), sliced in 1/4″ round slices
- 1.5 lb bag of small red potatoes, skin left on and cubed into 1-inch chunks (or 6 cups worth)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the cubed potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil then reduce heat. Let it cook for another ten minutes. Drain potatoes.
- Mix all ingredients including potatoes in a glass 12 x 8 casserole baking dish. Mix lightly so you don’t smush the potatoes too much.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are tender.
- (OPTIONAL) if you like crispy potatoes, bake for 10-15 minutes longer.