Here’s one of my family’s favorites to make in the wintertime. It’s hearty and healthy! The best part? It’s easy to make too! I got this recipe from a friend and adapted it to my liking.
Skinless chicken breasts (around 1lb)
Ground beef (around 1lb)
32 oz carton chicken broth
1 Taco seasoning packet
1 Ranch packet
1 can (15.5oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15.5oz) dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (10oz) mild Ro Tel diced tomatoes & green chilies (keep the liquid)
2 cans (15.25oz each) corn, drained and rinsed
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes (keep the liquid)
1. Place chicken breasts in large pot. Pour in the carton of chicken broth. Let it boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Take chicken out to shred it with two forks.
2. Brown the ground beef and set it aside.
3. When the chicken is taken out for shredding, put in the packet of taco seasoning in the chicken broth. Add around 3-4 cups of water. Let it cook and make sure the seasoning is well blended in.
4. Return shredded chicken and ground beef back into pot. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add in all the canned goods and the packet of ranch. Let it simmer.
You can serve it with cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream or whatever you want.