Fast and easy and yet so delicious! You can grab a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket to get your soup on in a flash!
- kosher salt
- 2 cups prepared gnocchi
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- pinch sugar
- 3 cups cleaned baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of cold water to a boil over high heat, then salt it generously. Add the gnocchi and cook, stirring occassionally, until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put 1/4 cup of the chicken broth, garlic, butter and sugar in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring it to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Add the spinach and let it wilt for about 30 seconds. Add the remaining 3 3/4 cups chicken broth and the chicken and bring just to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and bring to a full boil. Taste and season with salt and a generous amount of pepper to taste.