The following recipe is enough to make and fill two of these 9×13 pans. I suppose you could bake one in your glass/pyrex baking pan.. and bake the other one in one of these foil type of pans so you can freeze it up for a later use. Ryan loved these and gobbled them up like there was no tomorrow! I am sure you will like this as well!
- 1 box of jumbo pasta shells
- 2 – 26oz. canned spaghetti sauce
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese (you could use any, but I used Cheddar Cheese for this one)
- Cook pasta shells in a large pot, according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Spread between 1/2 cup to 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into base of each baking dish (it depends on the size of the baking dish — see picture below).
- Cook frozen spinach as directed on package. Drain excess liquid after cooking. (I microwaved mine to save the time).
- In large skillet, brown the ground beef with chopped onion. Drain, rinse and return to skillet. Add the rest of the spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach.
- Stir in the eggs (see picture).
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese (save the other cup for the topping later!)
- Spoon meat into pasta shells and place into baking dishes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the pasta stuffed shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.