For those who do not know me, I love pumpkin. I love any food that contains ‘pumpkin’ ; pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes – Count me in!
These pumpkin pancakes makes a nice spiced breakfast treat! Just give it a try – you might like it.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- between 6 to 8 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and all spices in one bowl.
- In separate bowl, stir milk, pumpkin purée, melted butter, and egg.
- Fold milk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. When the pancakes bubble across the top, it’s time to flip them over.
** You can also use skim milk, buttermilk, whatever you have in fridge to substitute the milk.; serve with butter and syrup. Makes 8 to 10 pancakes. **